Friday, November 27, 2009

Pilot: Samara

Samara is a female Hebrew meaning:
  1. "Mountain, Outlook, ruled by God, guarded by God; seedling"
  2. "Guardian or protected by God; night talk"
Not quite sure about the night talk but I do like the 1st part “protected/guided/ruled by God.”

This blog site was kind of inspired by the movie “Julie & Julia” One of those movies based on true story of 2 ladies in different times and how one is inspired by the cookery lessons and lifestyle of the earlier /older one; Julia Child. However this was not what struck me. What struck me was the need of the younger lady Julie Powell to find something she can do and complete. A project! She chose to go through Julia’s cookbook and do all the 536 recipes in 1 year’s time all this while blogging her process.
http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

Then it made me think about life and how many of us want to finish something faithfully that they have started. I also missed blogging so I decided to start one and just have fun through it and through the challenges I’ll face and musings of my life’s Journey, guided/protected/ruled by God.

Theme verse:
John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Life through Samara’s eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment