Friday, April 1, 2011

It’s been a good day :-)

This one statement is something I am not used to saying. Not when my work goes the way I have planned. Not when everything is in disarray. It’s been a good day. Usually I flop into bed and without a second thought as to the fact I am alive and to give thanks to my maker I am out like a light. On other occasions, I think about the to-do list that I didn’t entirely complete and get super depressed as to my luck of “accomplishment”. Doesn’t matter that I finished that overdue report or finished programming a module, it’s still the much I haven’t done.

What does this do to me? Does it mean I am horrible when it comes to planning? I know I take a lot up whether its friends giving birth, others getting married, family, boyfriend, work, life group/bible study and not forgetting my own school work but why do I always beat myself up?

It took something as simple as someone telling me they are proud of me and the lessons I am learning and the effort I am putting in the situation I am in(1 week close to finally finishing my long overdue project and I haven’t cracked yet). Wow.... It’s not such a bad day. I am not the same person I was back one week ago, one month, one year and one decade ago. I am growing and learning and above all I am enjoying the circumstances I find myself in (thick as they may be). I may not achieve everything but it’s been good the much I have achieved today.
After so long I finally understand the words in the bible:

Matthew 6:33-34 (NIV) "33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Day time comes and we have to give our all and seek God’s will in our day to day lives. Not getting tossed up and about and all you can say at the end of the day is I wish this day was over, allowing your own self discouragement to get the best of you. However you can lay your head down, find that one little thing you did right; I combed my hair right, I got the steps to the routine, I finished that report. Give thanks to God. For all that is still pending, surrender it unto the Lord to help you achieve it when you’ll get a chance/ make time to do so. Above all, keep the joy and positivity; you have a whole life to live. Laugh when you can, cry when you need to but hope in the end or amidst it you’ll pause, reflect and be able to say, it’s been a good day.

Have a good weekend won’t you...

No comments:

Post a Comment