Monday, May 31, 2010

Past. Present. Future!

Recently I had a mini meltdown. We all have some of those occasionally. I had some unfinished business,a part of my life I left 4 years ago and I had to go back and deal with it. It still in the process but honestly speaking I feel it is something I should have finished then. However I didn’t believe I had capacity to go through and complete it in a perfect/timely fashion; So much for timely.
This has left me feeling like I am living 3 lives. Struggling to complete stuff I should have done 4 years ago, struggling with the present life as it is and the other life where you leave like all is well and dandy in the world and that your dreams and hopes are coming together... Ha. The dreamer and classic life that everyone wants to believe I am living.
I got tired and frustrated trying to bring the 3 lives together so that the honest picture is what is shown on the ground. Bottom line is I lost 4 years and I have to back and complete it. I do feel my peers are way ahead of me but I shan’t bother anymore keeping up with the joneses. All the promises of God in Him are yea, and in Him Amen. Therefore when your life is under or flourishing, His word still stands.
2 portions of scripture stood out for me:
Joel 2:23-26 "Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for he hath given you the former rain moderately, and he will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and the fats shall overflow with wine and oil. And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed."

Gen 8:22 "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and Winter, and day and night shall not cease."

The 1st one really gave me hope. That God is able to do anything and everything He says He’ll do. His promises to us shall come to pass & that He has capacity to do the impossible. Restore to you that which you lost if you are to repent and turn back to Him and seek Him.
As for the 2nd verse it’s His assurance and a covenant with creation, us, that as long as the earth is, we will have all seasons. We are to plant and expect a harvest.
So that said, I pray that those who are in the same situation may find comfort in the Lord’s word and as faith allows do what is expected of you.
I am planting, trusting God to grow and give me a harvest of what I will have cultivated and as He wills restore to me, the years I have lost. Amen!

Life through Samara’s eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, I found your blog and I keep anticipating the next post, and the next, and the next...I have been blessed by your latest post. Seasons are here to stay and so we should not always be caught off guard, but rather should learn to tell the seasons, and do the needful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous,
    Thanks for your comment... I will try to put up more posts! Hopefully weekly though most of the time inspiration births them. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete